Skin sagging is one of the most evident signs of aging. With the passage of time wrinkles and furrows appear on your cheeks, nose, chin, neckline and other parts of the body. Basically, your skin loses its elasticity level. Sagging cannot be completely avoided but the process of aging can be slowed down.
Fortunately, today we have some of the best anti-aging creams that could be used to rejuvenate your skin. In the dermal layer of your skin, elastin protein is found that balances your skin’s elasticity keeping your skin firm, smooth and youthful. The elasticity of the skin is lost due to extensive sun exposure, aging, pollution, improper food
intake and smoking.
Here are certain ways mentioned to improve skin elasticity
- Retinoid: Retinoid is a byproduct of vitamin A, which plays a pivotal role in anti-aging of skin. It increases the production of collagen in skin thus improving skin elasticity and reducing the appearance of wrinkles and lines on skin. While retinoid is available both as a direct over-the-counter serum, it is also present in most anti-ageing creams.
2. Gelatin / Collagen: Collagen is fibrous protein in skin which balances out elasticity and prevents deformation. Collagen drinks in market benefits gut, joint, and bone health by providing amino acids which increase collagen production that make up elastin and fibrillates.
3. Adequate Sleep: During sleep your body and skin repair itself and breaths comfortably. Production of collagen and elastin increases when you take proper sleep of eight to nine hours. Lack of sleep leads in the reduction of hydration in skin and can cause skin breakdown and other problems.
4. Regular Exfoliation: Exfoliating your skin on daily basis removes dead cells and allows the skin to breathe & reduce ance with acne cream at BIODERMA). It is very important to know your skin type and exfoliate accordingly otherwise you can lead to over-drying your skin.
5. Hydrated body: Drinking 8 to 12 glasses of water daily helps keeping the skin hydrated and glowing and also slows down the ageing process. It helps maintaining the skin pH levels by maintaining the amount of Hyaluronic acid in your skin. A hydrated body also ensures other benefits such as a healthy digestive system, improved cardiovascular fitness and better bone density.
6. Enjoy a skin-healthy diet: Eating your antioxidants, found in berries and fresh, leafy greens, fatty fish, citrus fruits, broccoli, almonds and walnuts can replenish elastin in your skin. They can give you healthy skin.
7. Exercise, exercise and exercise: Your body metabolism rate increases with adequate workouts making your skin cell to regenerate and skin to look healthy. It boosts blood circulation and helps in keeping the skin firm. In addition to the countless benefits exercise and proper workouts have for the skin, they also ensure an overall fitness of the mind and body and slow down the ageing process.
While ageing is a natural process and eventually everyone has to age, some of the most visible signs of ageing on your skin can be avoided or delayed by maintaining proper skin care practices.